MalShip Client says not touch anything and not do the the job

Another big fixing job to do for a shipping company called Malship. This client was handled by Ashan who was my team mate. Ashan was on study leave when Malship had a issue with the system. Ashan asked me to goto the malship and troubleshoot the problem there and see. I went to the client ask if i can take a look at the system. They said no and said they are not confident with me to do the job. Now what to do.

Why client didn't let me do the job
  1. Not properly introduced by our company.
  2. Looked too young for the job & no experience (I like a school :D and im 20 years old)
  3. Security of their data and the system.

Gaining Mutual trust to do the job

  1. Called Ashan and asked him to tell that im only going to look at the system.
  2. I talked with the System Administrator about the problem and talked about IT little bit so he get the real idea my knowledge.
  3. Asked them to operate the system and show me the problem.
  4. Wrote down the runtime Error number.
  5. Asked Ashan to call and get a DB backup the error seemed to me was with the database.
  6. Fixed the problem in the same day and handing over the executable and the DB update next day.( Error was an integer over flow)
the client was simply happy for job i did and was really quick as well as they can do the work without any delay. Now client ask for my help.... oh ya happy day... :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The true face of LGBTQ+ Agenda and your future

Why people stop growing when they are not rewarded

Identify the best people to work and improve creativity and productivity